Sexual dysfunctions are a heterogeneous group of disorders typically characterized by an anomalyclinically significant, in the capacity of a person to have sexual relations or to try sexual pleasure. Despite the heterogeneity can be common criteria:
- the symptoms must have a duration of at least 6 months and experience the most part, if not all, of the times that is, sexual activity (frequency of 75-100%);
- must create significant discomfort to the individual;
- the disorders may not be better explained by other mental disorders, to reports of a couple of highly conflicting, or other factors as particularly stressful;
- the disturbance is not attributable to special medical conditions and / or the effects of substances.
What are the sexual dysfunction?
- Disorder of the female orgasm: the marked delay in, marked infrequenza or absence of orgasm or intensity significantly reduced the orgasm.
- Disorder of sexual desire and arousal: the absence or significant reduction of desire and sexual excitement, which is expressed by the presence of at least three symptoms: the absence/reduction of the interest in sexual activity, thoughts and fantasies, pleasure, and excitement towards various stimuli and the sensations, the genitals, and not during the relationships.
- Disorder pain/penetration genito-pelvic: persistent or recurrent difficulties with respect to one or more of the following: vaginal penetration during intercourse; pain genito-pelvic; marked fear or anxiety compared to the pain in anticipation of the report or as a result of the penetration; marked tension of the pelvic muscles during attempts of penetration.
- Delayed ejaculation: marked delay in, marked infrequenza or absence of ejaculation, despite stimulation and desire adequate.
- Disorder erectile: marked difficulty in obtaining and/or maintaining an erection during sexual activity and/or marked reduction of the stiffness of the erection.
- Disorder of premature ejaculation: ejaculation during the intercourse occurs frequently within a minute from the moment of penetration into the vagina, and before the person wishes. The diagnosis can be made even on subjects that don't practice the penetration of the vagina, but the duration criteria have not been established.
- Disorder sexual desire and hypoactive: persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual desire, sexual thoughts and fantasies, sexual/erotic.
The onset and causes of sexual dysfunction
The categorization of sexual dysfunction provides several modes of onset:
- Permanenta sexual problem is presented from the earliest sexual experiences.
- Acquired: onset occurs after the first period of sexual performance normal.
- Generalized: sexual problems are not associated with a specific range of contexts.
- Situational: sexual difficulties are present only in certain types of situations.
In addition to these subtypes, in order to correctly evaluate the sexual dysfunction you have to consider other elements that can better define the difficulties: information on the issues, if any, of the partners, factors and relational vulnerability of the individual, cultural and religious factors, medical history.
People who have sexual dysfunction often approach to intimacy with your thoughts and negative emotions. The area of sexuality is experienced as problematic and is associated with a suffering that can be present in the moment of the sexual act, but also in the hours preceding or during the thoughts related to that ball. May be present anxiety anticipatory and performance anxietythat they live their sexuality as a moment of pleasure, but on the contrary, as a test on their sexual ability. The failure of this performance can bring with it a whole series of symptoms such as feelings of sadness and anger. These psychological mechanisms that make associate sexuality with strong pains wear then often people avoid all situations in which they may find themselves in the intimacy, strengthening more and more the idea of his own inadequacy.
How to treat sexual dysfunction in the Center Tice?
Sexual dysfunctions can have a cause physical or psychological. In most cases, the origin is psychological, but it is important to rule out any organic causes through in-depth analysis of a medical nature.
At TICE propose interventions Cognitive-Behavioral Therapyonline or in vivo, which aims to break the vicious circles of thoughts, emotions and dysfunctional behaviors related to the area of sexuality. The therapy may be individual or couple, and it aims to explore and change the thoughts related to the sexuality, to deepen the knowledge of himself and of his way of relating, of its living parts of the body and those of the partner.
Mindfulness is a meditative practice that consists in the pay attention to the present moment with an attitude that is friendly and non-judgmentallearning to be aware of your own thoughts and emotions from time to time. This type of practice can be useful to work with thoughts and emotional responses associated with the sexual sphere. To TICE, we propose individual paths or in a group, online or in vivo, to increase awareness through meditation.
Mindfulness is a meditative practice that consists in the pay attention to the present moment with an attitude that is friendly and non-judgmentalby helping to mull less on the past and worry less about the future. Programs, cognitive-behavioral, integrating the mindfulness approach (MBCT), help patients better tolerate the painful emotions and to take away from one's own thoughts negativthe, and are especially useful in the relapse prevention. To TICE, we propose individual paths or in a group to raise awareness through meditation.
You respect in one of these descriptions?
You seem to see a relative or a friend of yours?
Contact us through the form